A career in web development is the dream of many candidates. Many companies nowadays hire professional developers to build their websites and apps. So it is good to choose web development as your career path. Young candidates interested in CSS, HTML and other languages can take a course to become a developer.
However, before achieving your career goals, you need to know the role of web developers.
The primary responsibility of a web developer is to write codes for building a site. The quality of the codes can make a difference in the performance of the website. While some developers take care of the front-end developments, others work on the backend design. However, full-stack developers can provide both frontend and backend solutions.
It is important to know the distinct roles of frontend and backend developers.
What are the main tasks of front-end developers?
Additionally, the interface web developers use different libraries based on React, AngularJS and jQuery. Some programmers effectively use PHP, Python, and Ruby to connect data to website backend structures.
The best front-end developers know the connection between technology and design to create an interactive web page. Find a list of other responsibilities of a frontend web development professional.
- Work with user experience specialists, web designers, and graphic designers to turn a design idea into reality.
- Turn website wireframes into web browser-readable codes
- Structuring a website to make it easily accessible to search engine users
- Ensure optimal speed and scalability of your website and applications
- Maintain old features while designing new ones for the website
- Assist the backend development team with troubleshooting and coding
- Develop an interface that reflects good aesthetics and ensures optimal performance on any device – The developer should focus on creating a highly responsive design for the website. It uses tools to boost site interaction regardless of web browser.
- Test websites and fix bugs
- Stay up to date with the latest technologies.
Learn more about the roles of backend developers-
The term “backend” of an application and website indicates a combination of programming and technology to power the web platform. It consists of 3 parts: a server, a database and an application.
A backend developer must create and maintain the technology to back up the components related to the user side of the website. The backend code increases the usability of the website and adds utility to every element created by the frontend developers.
Highly efficient backend developers work on structures and systems not visible to website visitors. Thus, they are responsible for the performance of the site and the application. Additionally, backend development professionals are well versed in programming languages such as SQL, Python, and Ruby.
Some programmers and backend developers specialize in creating mobile apps for Android and iOS platforms. They use Java, C++, HTML5 and other technologies for this purpose. They choose different approaches to work on app design elements, scroll dimensions, and swipe functionality.
As a backend developer, you need to build, test, and debug the backend infrastructure. You must also be able to renovate a website. You need to take care of everything from app integration to app logic.
To summarize, backend developers have knowledge about
- Web server technologies
- Server side programming
- Cloud Computing Integration
- Operating systems
- API integration
- Development, implementation and maintenance of the CMS
- Security settings
- Generate analyzes and create reports
- Restore technologies related to a website’s database
Learn more about web developers and their roles–
Collaboration is one of the important aspects of a web development project. Developers should consult with other team members such as graphic designers, customer service managers, marketers, UI specialists, content creators. Thus, frontend developers also work with backend development specialists.
Developers and programmers have problem-solving skills because they have to deal with complex problems and come up with solutions.
Certainly, a competent website builder needs the necessary skills to perform their duties and play a major role in web development projects. But, it is also essential to have soft skills to succeed in the development process.
- A professional developer must have strong communication skills. It maintains open communications with other departments of an organization. In addition, he must be effective in clarifying technical problems to a customer.
- The best programmers and developers are enthusiastic about learning new techniques, tools, and technologies. They like to learn about the latest design trends, widgets and scripts.
- Finally, they must be patient and dedicated in dealing with every minor detail of the website.
To conclude, it can be said that you must have both general and specialized skills to perform your tasks. Each web developer involved in a project is responsible for ensuring the perfection of the site.
A website needs constant maintenance and therefore a business will have a long term relationship with a team of web developers. Today, web development is a lucrative career option as several organizations are looking for qualified developers. You can also work as a freelance developer and earn income.